Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Yankee thoughts

As far as I'm concerned, the Yanks would do quite well to move RJ.Mr. Johnson was never the great pitcher of years past, and clearly he has not endeared himself to the fans or his teammates.

Freeing up $16MM ($22+MM if we add up the 40% penalty for being over the luxury tax threshold) would allow the Yanks to allocate resources someplace else in a more productive way.

Having said that, unless the Yanks get Zito or Clemens (players with very different profiles and shelf-lives), I suspect that Carl Pavano will actually be counted to contribute in 2007.I'm not sure how I feel about that, other than Pavano will certainly benefit from having new faces around.

What I'm saying is that by not having Sheffield, Wright, RJ and whomever else - Villone - may not be around, peer pressure on Pavano (for being brittle, being sort of a playboy, not being there for the team etc. in 2006) will decrease a little.

JRVJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home