Thursday, April 19, 2007

A-Rod, the Lord of Creation

With apologies to Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption, A-Rod has every right to feel like the Lord of Creation tonight.

Due to work commitments, I couldn't watch today's game.

I had ESPN's gamecast going, and was somewhat negative about the Yankees winning today, what with the score being 6-2.

Well, I get out of a phone call and check to see how the game ended, and notice that it ended 8-6, and that the last batter for the Yankees was A-ROD!!!

Game's like today are why I love baseball: long term, this wins means nothing more than any other run-of-the-mill win. In October, when the chips are on the line, this win means nothing (as the Yanks have learned the last few Octobers, it's not necessarily the best team that wins in October).

But the pure joy that this amazing A-ROD tear has caused me, and other Yankee fans, is why the 7+ months when MLB baseball is being played are my favorite time of the year.

JRVJ

P.S. Upon watching A-ROD's shot again ( http://tinyurl.com/2fxa7a ), what strikes me as interesting is that some of the Yankee players and fans KNEW that it was a HR from the moment A-Rod hit it.

Check 00:54 of the clip, and tell me if that's not the case.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Schultz said...

It was an event definitely worth posting about. And hopefully, there will be more in the future.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home